Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It. Is. Finished.

We are missing our oldest daughter in this picture, but here everyone finally has the same last name!




Today was Forever Day. We went to see the judge to finalize our adoption. It's amazing...three and a half minutes in the judge's chambers and our lives are changed forever. Their old case worker wasn't part of the case but she came to see the kids anyway, to tell them she is happy for them. I'm sure the life of a case worker is emotionally draining sometimes. I hope seeing kids get families confirms that what they do is worth the hard work.

I titled this post the way I did because we are so thankful that "the process" is over. No more DHS, no more case workers, no more asking permission to take them out of the county...it's done. We do know, however that the real work on our part has just begun. :)

Our kids have changed their names. We now have Hannah Elizabeth and Nathanael Thomas. (Nate chose Thomas because he is a big fan of Thomas the Train.)

Thank you to those who have prayed with us regarding this adoption. It is truly an amazing thing that has happened. The Lord has done great things for us, And we are glad. ~Psalm 126