God places the lonely in families... Psalm 68:6a
It rained yesterday. Our name was on the authorization sheet and we got the call that we were authorized for a little four-year-old boy named Aiden. Our social worker was telling me when I could come down and see his file, mentioning when she would be out of the office. I told her, "I'm on my way." Husband met me there and we ready through his file together.
It is clear that God has had his hand on this little guy from the beginning. He has suffered, but it is not nearly as bad as what some kids in the system experience. We are thankful for that. I know the transition for a "forever family" will still be a tough one, but the Lord has shielded him from any major trauma or abuse.
We signed the paperwork indicating we want to move forward with visitation. The social workers called the foster family and they wanted us to come over right away. So, within the hour, we were with our new son.
The visit went well and tonight he is going to come spend the night with us. We will gradually ease him into life as one of us. I imagine it is going to be quite confusing for him when it clicks that he is being moved from the only home he can remember. The foster parents want to remain as grandparents, but I am sure he will miss them terribly on a day-to-day basis.
We are praying for a smooth transition. We are praying for his heart to be open to us. We want him to feel secure and loved in our home.
I am sure there are tears ahead for all of us, but the Lord has called us here and orchestrated the events, so he will be faithful to us in whatever the future holds.
Praise the Lord!!
Friday, February 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD!
I know you have been waiting a long time, and I know God has directed every detail along the way. What a sweet blessing that once you knew he was the one, you didn't have to wait long to meet him. I am just so giddy and thrilled for you all.
I will continue to go before the throne on behalf of your family during this transitional time. Our God is faithful always, He will carry each of you through.
Post a Comment